List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dmitry Kuznetsov Date:August 19 2002 3:29pm
Subject:How to share a MyISAM table among different databases
View as plain text
Hi, folks!

I would apreciate your opinion on my question:
How to make a MyISAM table (or several tables) to be shared among different
databases served by one MySQL server on Unix (Solaris)? It is OK if this table
appears as a read/write table in one database only, other DBs access it
read-only.

My experience with tables, being hardlinked to the different directories (i.e.
databases), is bad, as these tables soon become corrupted. However, I did not
experiment with softlinks (ln -s).

Any ideas?

Thanks already,
Dmitry.

|Dmitry A. Kuznetsov, PhD                       |
|Office of Information Technology               |
|Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research           |
|E-mail: Dmitry.Kuznetsov@stripped              |

Thread
How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesDmitry Kuznetsov19 Aug
  • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesBenjamin Pflugmann19 Aug
    • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesSergei Golubchik19 Aug
  • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesDmitry Kuznetsov20 Aug
  • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesDmitry Kuznetsov20 Aug
    • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesSergei Golubchik20 Aug
      • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesTod Harter20 Aug
    • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesBenjamin Pflugmann20 Aug
  • Re: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesDmitry Kuznetsov20 Aug
RE: How to share a MyISAM table among different databasesLuc Foisy20 Aug