List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:August 18 2002 6:54pm
Subject:Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (solved)
View as plain text
On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 04:20:42PM -0400, David Miller wrote:
> > On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jeremy;
> >
> > I didn't think my server would be doing any name resolution, particularly
> > while replace()ing millions of rows in a table.  That said,
> > --skip-name-resolve *seems* to have helped.  It's definately still
> > failing, and the ktrace is the same, so it's not two problems:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Pointers welcome.  Would alternate thread libraries be helpful?
>
> Maybe.  I've had mostly good luck so far using LinuxThreads.  There are
> a few odd things, but it's better than FreeBSD's native threads.
[sql, query, text for the anti-spam filter]

A followup....

After quite a lot of time investigating all sorts of things, the SIGPROF
problem seems to randomly occur with high values of HZ in the kernel
config file.  At first I thought it was hardware related, but when I
checked one system where things ran fine against the one where it didn't,
this was the difference.

So, the SIGPROF problem is solved.  I seem to have another problem with
myisamchk, but that's under a different subject.

--- David

Thread
Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (solved)mysql18 Aug