List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Rucker Jones Date:August 18 2002 4:53pm
Subject:LOAD DATA, \N, and auto_increment
View as plain text
To Whom it May Concern,
	I sincerely doubt it's relevant, but i'm running MySQL 3.23.52 on Linux
2.4.18 (RedHat build 5). Client and server are on the same machine and
communicate via a Unix domain socket.
	Perhaps it is a conscious decision, but it would seem an odd one: When
using LOAD DATA [LOCAL] INFILE, if the table has a column that is BIGINT
UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY and the infile uses \N for
that column, a warning is generated for every line inserted. Replacing
\N with numbers in the infile gets rid of all warnings on import. Seems
to be a matter of adding one little check to Field_longlong::store() in
field.cc, but i could be wrong. I strongly suspect that it is
independant of integer size (e.g TINYINT, INT, BIGINT probably all
behave the same way).
	Please send all replies to my personal address as well, as i am not
subscribed to the list.

			-&

--
GPG key / Schlüssel -- http://simultan.dyndns.org/~arjones/gpgkey.txt
Encrypt everything. / Alles verschlüsseln.

Thread
LOAD DATA, \N, and auto_incrementAndrew Rucker Jones18 Aug
  • Re: LOAD DATA, \N, and auto_incrementBenjamin Pflugmann18 Aug
    • Re: LOAD DATA, \N, and auto_incrementPaul DuBois19 Aug
    • Re: LOAD DATA, \N, and auto_incrementBenjamin Pflugmann19 Aug