List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gelu Gogancea Date:August 18 2002 4:23pm
Subject:Re: Lost connections on Freebsd
View as plain text
Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Knipe" <savage@stripped>
To: <monty@stripped>
Cc: <mysql@stripped>; "Victoria Reznichenko"
<victoria.reznichenko@stripped>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 6:08 PM

> Lo Michael,
>
> I digged a bit more, and while running under debug mode, MySQL doesnt
crash,
> it does complain about a bad file descriptor on /etc/hosts.allow.
>
> If this is the cause of the failure, there might be a possibly bug in the
> code, because I really think it's arb that the entire MySQL needs to bail
> because it can't open a file...

...or you have too many open files in the system.You reach the max. number
of files which can be opened by the OS.Try to increase file-max from
/proc/sys/fs.

Regards,

Gelu

> Aug 18 16:03:29 netsonic mysqld[15158]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line
23:
> can't get client address: Bad file descriptor
> Aug 18 16:03:30 netsonic mysqld[15158]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line
23:
> can't get client address: Bad file descriptor
>
> When I run without debug, I think this is what *may* be causing the crash,
> whilst when running under debug mode, MySQL obviously has some sort of
> protection so that it sends out only a warning instead of crashing....
>
> > Chris> I've recompiled the master about three times now, and it still
> crashed.
> > Chris> Eventually, it came to such a extend that the moment I open port
> 3306 MySQL
> > Chris> would crash.  I can just use telnet <ip> 3306, or open a netcat
on
> port
> > Chris> 3306, and MySQL would die.
> >
> > Can you try to configure MYSQL with CFLAGS=-g and run the server under
> > gdb.
> >
> > If we could get a full back trace where it fails, it could help us
> > find out what's wrong.
>
> I tried.  Now, when I recompiled it again without debug support, it
doesn't
> crash for some reason.  At least not for now....  The below log is issued
> syslog at every connection however.
>   Aug 18 17:03:53 netsonic mysqld[47947]: warning: can't get client
address:
> Bad file descriptor
>
> I'll keep my eyes on it like a hawk.  First crash I get, it's back to gdb
we
> go... It looks to me as if it may be tcpwrappers that's busted however...
> :-(
>
> > Chris> So far, the only way I found to keep the FreeBSD Port up, was to
> recompile
> > Chris> it with debug support.  I so far have 90 minutes uptime on the
> Master with
> > Chris> debug support compiled in, but it's needless to say not really
the
> desired
> > Chris> result.
> >
> > How did you configure MySQL in this case ?
>
> Altered the Makefile in the ports, compiled / installed, and did a cvsup
> sync the ports again... MySQL compiles per default with CFLAGS=-g from the
> ports, I just need had to recompile it again now, so that I could remove
the
> debug support and let MySQL actually crash again :P
>
> --
> me

Urgent: lost connections,Chris Knipe17 Aug
  • Re: Urgent: lost connections,Victoria Reznichenko17 Aug
  • Re: Urgent: lost connections,Chris Knipe17 Aug
    • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdMichael Widenius18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdGelu Gogancea18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdGelu Gogancea18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdGelu Gogancea18 Aug
    • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdIikka Meriläinen18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe19 Aug