List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:August 18 2002 2:46am
Subject:Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (REPOST)
View as plain text
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 04:20:42PM -0400, David Miller wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
>
> Hi Jeremy;
>
> I didn't think my server would be doing any name resolution, particularly
> while replace()ing millions of rows in a table.  That said,
> --skip-name-resolve *seems* to have helped.  It's definately still
> failing, and the ktrace is the same, so it's not two problems:

[snip]

> Pointers welcome.  Would alternate thread libraries be helpful?

Maybe.  I've had mostly good luck so far using LinuxThreads.  There are
a few odd things, but it's better than FreeBSD's native threads.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/
Thread
SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (REPOST)mysql4 Aug
  • Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (REPOST)Jeremy Zawodny4 Aug
    • Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (REPOST)David Miller10 Aug
      • Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (REPOST)Dan Nelson10 Aug
        • Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (REPOST)Jeremy Zawodny10 Aug
      • Re: SIGPROF problem in FreeBSD 4.6 (REPOST)Jeremy Zawodny18 Aug