List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Faisal Nasim Date:August 30 1999 10:39am
Subject:Joining two tables
View as plain text
Hi,

I have tried the join syntax and all but I can't do what
I want.

Supposing:

mytable1 has a field myname and I put a name "abc" in it.
mytable2 has a field myname and I put a name "xyz" in it.

now

SELECT * FROM mytable1,mytable2;

returns
==========
myname | myname
abc | xyz
==========

But I want it this way:

===========
myname
abc
xyz
===========

Is that possible through simple syntax? That is, Mysql just think
that those two tables are actually one?

I tried straight_join, cross join, and tried all examples in "JOIN"
docs... but nothing helped me.

Any suggestions guyz? (perhaps a GROUP BY on columns?)

I am not on the list, please email me directly.

--
Faisal Nasim (the Whiz Kid)
Web: http://wss.hypermart.net/

Thread
Joining two tablesFaisal Nasim30 Aug
  • Joining two tablessinisa30 Aug
  • Re: Joining two tablesFaisal Nasim31 Aug
    • Re: Joining two tablessinisa31 Aug