List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:August 17 2002 4:05pm
Subject:Re: Urgent: lost connections,
View as plain text
Lo Victoria

FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE (Master), MySQL 3.23.51
Windows 2000 Professional (Slave):, MySQL 3.23.49-nt

I've recompiled the master about three times now, and it still crashed.
Eventually, it came to such a extend that the moment I open port 3306 MySQL
would crash.  I can just use telnet <ip> 3306, or open a netcat on port
3306, and MySQL would die.

So far, the only way I found to keep the FreeBSD Port up, was to recompile
it with debug support.  I so far have 90 minutes uptime on the Master with
debug support compiled in, but it's needless to say not really the desired
result.

I also don't think it's got anything to do with the replication.  In my
attempts to debug this, I've disabled (shut down), the slave mysql server,
and the master would still crash the moment I open a tcp socket...  It also
doesn't seem to be a generic system library or something as the error log
states, because I have *nothing* else on my box that is giving me any
problems... If it where to be a shared lib used by many applications, surely
more than just MySQL would have been dying because of the faulty / corrupted
library.

--
me