List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:August 16 2002 11:04pm
Subject:Urgent: lost connections,
View as plain text
Lo everyone,

I've implemented replication on my MySQL Server...  The master is mysql 3.23
(FreeBSD Ports), and my one and only slave is mysql 3.23 (Win32).  I added
the slave so that I can have a hardcopy / backup database in the event that
I have a data loss on the master.

This is all very well, and working like a charm.

However, mysql client, php, apache, anything that connects to the master
database now all of a sudden randomly and intermittently loses their
connection to the master MySQL Server, and the master server also crashes
quite often.  Taken from the error log:

<snip>
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked agaist is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong
and this may fail

key_buffer_size=12288
record_buffer=131072
sort_buffer=1048568
max_used_connections=0
max_connections=100
threads_connected=0
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (record_buffer + sort_buffer)*max_connections = 115211 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok, if not, decrease some variables in the equation
</snip>

And the browser reports a standard PHP error: Lost connection to MySQL
server during query

Any advice would be gladly appreciated.

--me
<sql,query>

Thread
Urgent: lost connections,Chris Knipe17 Aug
  • Re: Urgent: lost connections,Victoria Reznichenko17 Aug
  • Re: Urgent: lost connections,Chris Knipe17 Aug
    • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdMichael Widenius18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdGelu Gogancea18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdGelu Gogancea18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdGelu Gogancea18 Aug
    • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdIikka Meriläinen18 Aug
  • Re: Lost connections on FreebsdChris Knipe19 Aug