List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 15 2002 2:59am
Subject:Re: plan: moving mysql db to a fresh server! (help?)
View as plain text
At 10:36 +0800 8/15/02, louie miranda wrote:
>Hi, i have redhat distro that runs a mysql  Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.48, for
>pc-linux-gnu (i686)
>my db(var) resides in /usr/mysql/var/. I have this new server which i have
>mysql too.
>Now what im thingking about is, instead of dumping all database/tables on my
>old redhat
>server. Compressing and moving it all */var/* to my new server's */var/*
>directory.
>
>What do u think?

Sure.

You might need to adjust some of the Host values in your grant tables,
if they refer to the current server host by its name or IP number
rather than as localhost or 127.0.0.1.

>=====
>Thanks,
>Louie Miranda...
>
>WebUrl: http://axis0.endofinternet.org
>Email: louie@stripped - louie@stripped

Thread
Feature Request: --log-update to add 'drop table' after 'create temporarytable'Daniel Kasak15 Aug
  • plan: moving mysql db to a fresh server! (help?)louie miranda15 Aug
    • Re: plan: moving mysql db to a fresh server! (help?)Paul DuBois15 Aug
  • Feature Request: --log-update to add 'drop table' after 'create temporarytable'Michael Widenius17 Aug
  • MySql eats CPUPaco Martinez28 Feb
Re: plan: moving mysql db to a fresh server! (help?)louie miranda15 Aug