List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 14 2002 2:38pm
Subject:Re: persistent connections timeout
View as plain text
At 15:27 +0100 8/14/02, John Wards wrote:
>I have read somewhere that persistent connections in MySQL have a default
>timeout of 8 hours. How would I reduce this?

For interactive clients, set the interactive_timeout server variable to
the number of seconds of inactivity before timeout.  For non-interactive
clients, set the wait_timeout variable instead.

The latter is used by default.  The former is used if the client
specifically requests it.  (For example, the mysql program does so if
you're not running it in batch mode.)

>Cheers
>John Wards
>SportNetwork.net

Thread
persistent connections timeoutJohn Wards14 Aug
  • Re: persistent connections timeoutPaul DuBois14 Aug