List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 13 2002 6:13pm
Subject:Re: Replication Question
View as plain text
At 11:10 -0700 8/13/02, Vicky Gonzalez wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am a newbie here. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if
>hostnames for the Linux OS is required for MySql Replication, and if
>so why? I have been combing the manual and archives, but had no luck
>in finding this answer.

When the slave server connects to the master server to get updates, it needs
to know what host the master server is running on.

But what do you mean by "hostnames for the Linux OS"?  Operating systems
don't have hostnames.

>Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
>Thanks!!!
>~Vicky

Thread
Replication QuestionVicky Gonzalez13 Aug
Re: Replication QuestionPaul DuBois13 Aug
RE: Replication QuestionVicky Gonzalez13 Aug
RE: Replication QuestionPaul DuBois13 Aug