List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 9:17pm
Subject:join / straight_join etc. questions
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Hoffmann <sebhoff@stripped>
> writes:

Sebastian> Dear everybody,
Sebastian> I'm having some problems with query optimization and suppose that I'm
Sebastian> missing out on something important. I know next to nothing about
Sebastian> different ways to join tables for queries and those parts of the
Sebastian> manual I've read haven't enlightened me too much....
Sebastian> I am running mysql 3.21.25-gamma.

<cut>

Sebastian> ------------+------+------------+
Sebastian> | table                   | type | possible_keys | key  | key_len |
Sebastian> ref           | rows | Extra      |
Sebastian> +-------------------------+------+---------------+------+---------+---
Sebastian> ------------+------+------------+
Sebastian> | speakers                | ALL  | spid          | NULL |    NULL |
Sebastian> NULL          | 5547 | where used |
Sebastian> | 935949744_sebhofft_stat | ref  | spid          | spid |      20 |
Sebastian> speakers.spid |   10 |            |
Sebastian> +-------------------------+------+---------------+------+---------+---
Sebastian> ------------+------+------------+
Sebastian> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Sebastian> The problem is that I've had some strange behaviour with these
Sebastian> queries when I need them again later (mysql is writing to a tmp-table
Sebastian> for hours) so I would like to get rid of the STRAIGHT_JOIN if
Sebastian> possible. Is there any way to do this??

Sebastian> Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sebastian> Best,
Sebastian> Sebastian Hoffmann

Fixes:

run:

isamchk -a */*.ISM
mysqladmin flush-tables

and try again.

If this will not help, you have to wait until 3.23 is stable;  3.23
holds statistic information per key part while 3.22 only holds
statistic per whole key.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
join / straight_join etc. questionsSebastian Hoffmann29 Aug
  • join / straight_join etc. questionsMichael Widenius29 Aug