List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 6:50pm
Subject:Re: my.cnf syntax
View as plain text

sinisa> Surat Singh Bhati writes:
>> I want to SET SQL_BIG_TABLES=1 using my /etc/my.cnf
>> file. Please tell me about the syntax of this line .
>> What line I have to add in my /etc/my.cnf file?
>>
>> right now my /etc/my/cnf file contain:
>>
>> [mysqld]
>> set-variable    = back_log=50
>> set-variable    = max_connections=200
>> set-variable    = max_connect_errors=20
>> set-variable    = table_cache=128
>> set-variable    = tmp_table_size=8M
>>
>> Thanks & regards
>>
>> -Surat Singh Bhati

sinisa> Hi!

sinisa> Remove set-variable =

Hi!

set-variable=  is actually ok;  This is the long form of -O when you
start mysqld.

Just add:

big-tables to the above list:

[mysqld]
set-variable    = back_log=50
set-variable    = max_connections=200
set-variable    = max_connect_errors=20
set-variable    = table_cache=128
set-variable    = tmp_table_size=8M
big-tables

#All options from mysqld --help (except --install and --remove)
ay be used in the my.cnf file.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
my.cnf syntaxSurat Singh Bhati28 Aug
  • Re: my.cnf syntaxsinisa28 Aug
    • Re: my.cnf syntaxMichael Widenius29 Aug