List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 5:08pm
View as plain text
>>>>> "philippe" == philippe  <devisme@stripped> writes:

philippe> Hi,
philippe> I have a little problem.

philippe> I want to install the Msql-Mysql perl module on a computer, but my Mysql
philippe> database is on another computer ?

philippe> And for that, I needed the files Include, no problem,

philippe> and library ou libmysqlclient.a ,

philippe> but the computer where is the Perl module is a Cobalt

philippe> and my file was compiled on a PC/linux.

philippe> So, I have thise response :

philippe> /usr/local/mysql/lib/ file not recognized: File format
philippe> not recognized
philippe> make[1]: *** [.././blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/] Error 1
philippe> make[1]: Leaving directory
philippe> `/home/sites/home/users/admin/modules/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2202/mysql'
philippe> make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

philippe> How can I obtain this file and compile it on the Cobalt ?

You have to download the MYSQL source and compile the MySQL client
libraries yourself.  The MySQL manual describes this in detail!

about libmysqlclient.sophilippe27 Aug
  • about libmysqlclient.soMichael Widenius29 Aug