List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 5:07pm
Subject:Help! - Error 2013 followed by Error 2006
View as plain text
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul J Boyes <boyes@stripped> writes:

Paul> Hello,
Paul> I am having a problem that I cannot track down.  I have searched the
Paul> archives but have not found an answer that seems to fit my situation:

Paul> I am inserting, deleting, and updating a bunch of records based on records
Paul> in a flat text file (an update that we get from someone else).  My problem
Paul> is that I keep getting Error 2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during
Paul> query followed by Error 2006 - MySQL server has gone away.  I have seen
Paul> that this error happens for a variety of reasons, but cannot quite pinpoint
Paul> the problem in my case.  I am locking all of the tables that I am using and
Paul> the initial error appears to happen on a delete every time.  After I
Paul> receive the initial error, I get the second error for quite a while on my
Paul> other actions and eventually a table gets corrupted.

Paul> Any information that you provide concerning this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul> Here is the version info:

Paul> mysqladmin  Ver 7.11 Distrib 3.22.25, for sun-solaris2.6 on sparc
Paul> TCX Datakonsult AB, by Monty

Paul> Server version          3.22.25
Paul> Protocol version        10

Paul> If any other specifics are needed from me, please let me know.

Paul> Thanks,

Paul> Paul J. Boyes

Hi!

Could you try to find out some things more about this problem?
(For example if it's only the connection that dies or does also the mysqld
daemon die ?)

The MySQL manual suggest a lot of things you can do to diagnose this
kind of problems.

Take a look at

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

sections:

What to do if MySQL keeps crashing

and

Debugging a MySQL server

Anything you can find out will help us fix this!

(If you can make a full independent test case to repeat your problem,
we could fix this VERY fast)

Yours,
Monty
Thread
Help! - Error 2013 followed by Error 2006Paul J. Boyes27 Aug
  • Help! - Error 2013 followed by Error 2006sinisa27 Aug
    • Re: Help! - Error 2013 followed by Error 2006Paul J. Boyes27 Aug
      • Re: Help! - Error 2013 followed by Error 2006sinisa27 Aug
  • Help! - Error 2013 followed by Error 2006Michael Widenius29 Aug