List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher Book Date:August 8 2002 7:55pm
Subject:fulltext phrase search
View as plain text
Hi,

Using mysql 4.0.2 I get the following behaviour (phrase searching):

match (field) against ('"pack of"' in boolean mode)

gives me all results with 'pack of', not just 'pack'.  So MySQL isn't
ignoring 'of' even though the word is too short to normally be considered.

However if I use: match(field) against ('"of the'" in boolean mode)

then the whole query is ignored.

It this working as designed?  Should the short words be "sometimes" ignored?

Chris Book

Thread
fulltext phrase searchChristopher Book8 Aug
  • Re: fulltext phrase searchDan Nelson9 Aug
    • Re: fulltext phrase searchSergei Golubchik9 Aug