List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 4:25pm
Subject:Time based math functions?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Whittaker <richard@stripped>
> writes:

Richard> Hi there...
Richard> I'm designing a database that makes great use of time, specifically the
Richard> time difference between one point of data and another, and was wondering
Richard> what MySQL's capabilities in this area are?... Can I simply subtract one
Richard> time from another (I.E. 3:48:19 - 2:45:19 = 1:03:00), or do I have to
Richard> convert everything into seconds first, do the calcs, then convert back to
Richard> "regular" time?..

Richard> Thanks kindly in advance..
Richard> Richard W.

Hi!

You can't subtract times directly;  You must instead use on of the
time functions that is described in the MySQL manual!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Time based math functions?Richard Whittaker26 Aug
  • Time based math functions?Michael Widenius29 Aug