List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 4:23pm
Subject:Help! What rpm contains libmysqlclient.so.4?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Erik" == Erik Stewart <possum@stripped> writes:

Erik> I'm trying to install the module mysql-python-1.4-1.i386.rpm.  However it
Erik> reports that I'm missing libmysqlclient.so.4.  Can someone tell me what
Erik> RPM I need to satisfy this requirement?  These are the MySQL related RPM
Erik> files I have installed:

Erik> MySQL-client-3.22.25-1
Erik> MySQL-devel-3.22.25-1
Erik> MySQL-3.22.25-1

Hi!

MySQL-devel should include the above file!

Note that you must modify /etc/ld.so.conf or copy libmysqlclient.so.4
to /lib

and run ldconfig

to allow python to find the library.

Another option is to compile python with the -rpath option.
(Described in 'man ld')

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Help! What rpm contains libmysqlclient.so.4?Erik Stewart26 Aug
  • Help! What rpm contains libmysqlclient.so.4?Michael Widenius29 Aug