List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 3:46pm
Subject:Re: Cause of crash discovered - large file sizes
View as plain text
>>>>> "David" == David Benson <daveb@stripped> writes:

David> So I have wondered this before but still haven't tested...
David> Will the Large-File-Summit patch work with stock mysql?
David> How about a recompiled mysql?  Anyone tried this?

David> 	ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/linux/LFS/

David> Of course, you will have to recompile your kernel with it...

David> - Dave

The patch should enable MySQL 3.22 to have 32 bit pointers (4G files).
To get more than 32 bits on a 32 bit machine, one need to compile
MySQL 3.23 with big file support and change 'my_off_t' to a longlong.
(We will test this ourself as soon as the XFS filesystem seems
to be stable)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Cause of crash discovered - large file sizesJules Bean26 Aug
  • Re: Cause of crash discovered - large file sizesDavid Benson26 Aug
    • Re: Cause of crash discovered - large file sizesMichael Widenius29 Aug