List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 7 2002 3:33pm
Subject:Re: Apache + PHP + MySQL on Mac OSX
View as plain text
At 17:19 +0200 8/7/02, Pierre Vaudrey wrote:
>Perhaps I'm offtopics , but I would know if it's possible in case of
>use of MySQL with PHP & Apache , mysql.sock has the same directory
>location as MySQL without web server ?
>/Private/tmp/mysql.sock versus /tmp/mysql.sock
>I had the following error :
>Warning:  Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>'/Private/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /Users/pierreva/Sites/test7.php on
>line 2
>line 2 is :
><?
>print "<pre>";
>// log into our local server using the MySQL root user.
>$dbh = mysql_connect( "localhost", "root", "" );
>
>Pierre Vaudrey

On Mac OS X, /tmp is actually a symlink to /Private/tmp.  They're
essentially the same directory.

Sounds like your MySQL server isn't actually running. Are you able to
connect to it in other ways, such as with the mysql client program?
Thread
Apache + PHP + MySQL on Mac OSXPierre Vaudrey7 Aug
  • Re: Apache + PHP + MySQL on Mac OSXPaul DuBois7 Aug