List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:August 6 2002 7:41pm
Subject:RE: problems with GRANT statement on database named with numbers only
View as plain text
> We have managed to create a few database that are named according to a
> customer ID number, this ID number consists only of numbers.

Can't do it.  From http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Legal_names.html

In MySQL versions prior to 3.23.6, the name rules are as follows:

A name may start with any character that is legal in a name. In particular, a name may
start with a digit (this differs from many
other database systems!). However, a name cannot consist only of digits.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG          http://www.pobox.com/~erc               214/986-5870
Director, Software Development

Thread
problems with GRANT statement on database named with numbers onlyJason Burfield6 Aug
  • RE: problems with GRANT statement on database named with numbers onlyEd Carp6 Aug
    • RE: problems with GRANT statement on database named with numbersonlyJason Burfield6 Aug
  • Re: problems with GRANT statement on database named with numbers onlyVictoria Reznichenko7 Aug