List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 6 2002 4:59pm
Subject:Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?
View as plain text
At 19:54 -0300 8/3/02, miguel solorzano wrote:
>At 16:05 3/8/2002 -0500, Paul DuBois wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>
><cut>
>
>>Thanks, Miguel.  This sounds promising.  I don't see anything about this
>>in the 4.0.2 change notes,
>
>Sorry Indeed it wasn't mentioned.
>
>>  and I have some questions about how this works:
>>
>>- What does the argument after the --install argument represent?
>
>Represents the service name and the server group set on mysql.ini.
>
>>   Is it a
>>   service name?
>
>Yes and the server group section.
>
>>   Does it cause the server to use a different default named
>>   pipe name?
>
>No, for optional service must be used TCP/IP.
>The problem here is that the service and group server section is
>an user choice and the client library is compiled only for the
>current named pipe.

Can't you specify a --socket option for the server to tell it to
use a different named pipe name?  Or won't that work?

>>   Is this value case sensitive?
>
>No.

This appears to be not quite true.  The name when used as a service
name is case sensitive, but as an option group name it *is* case
sensitive.
Thread
Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois25 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
    • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano26 Jul
      • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois4 Aug
        • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano4 Aug
          • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois6 Aug
            • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano7 Aug
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?mysql@scibit.com26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Michael Tam26 Jul
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Xavier PrĂ©lat26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Heikki Tuuri26 Jul
RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Luc Foisy26 Jul