List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:August 6 2002 1:29pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.
View as plain text
Check the my.cnf files for a redirrected data directory.
Make sure that mysql has read and execute permission
on ALL directories leading up to the mysql data directory, and that
mysql is the owner of its data directory and all subdirectories and files.
EX:
chown -R  mysql /var/log/mysql
or whatever it is.

Mysql simply does not have permission to read the file ( if it exists ),
regardless of
what you now believe.

Bill Leonard wrote:

>on 8/6/02 5:58 AM, Victoria Reznichenko at victoria.reznichenko@stripped
>wrote:
>
>>BL> And in the .err log I get:
>>
>>BL> mysql started
>>BL> /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
>>BL> mysql ended
>>
>>BL> Still trying to figure out what happened... I will have to wipe the drive
>>BL> soon and start from scratch and I am trying to avoid that...!
>>
>>$ perror 13
>>Error code  13:  Permission denied
>>
>>MySQL must be owner of MySQL data dir.
>>

>This unfortunately is already the case... Owner is mysql, group is admin.
>And that goes for all of the database directories themselves as well.
>
>Oh well... Back to square 1! Thanks for the help.

Thread
MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.Bill Leonard5 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.Victoria Reznichenko5 Aug
  • RE: MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.David Lubowa5 Aug
Re: MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.Bill Leonard6 Aug
  • Re: Re: MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.Victoria Reznichenko6 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.Bill Leonard6 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Server starting then immediately stopping.Gerald Clark6 Aug