List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 1:11am
Subject:Re: Quick isamchk question..
View as plain text

Jules> sinisa@stripped wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> First of all, do not forget to shutdown server, before running isamchk
>> and to restart it thereafter.

Jules> It's sufficient that I flush tables, and guarantee no write access to
Jules> the tables if I'm just checking, is it not?  But obviously a shutdown is
Jules> needed for repair.

>> Next, you could first only extend-check tables and repair only those
>> for which errors have been reported. You could write a small shell
>> script to do just that.

Jules> Clearly.

>> With myisamchk, which deals with MyISAM tables there is an option just
>> for that, i.e. it will first check only and if errors found it will
>> repair a table. But only the one with error(s).

Jules> Consider this a minor feature suggestion for isamchk then!

isamchk -sf (or --silent --force) will check the table and only repair it
if it was corrupted.

with myisamchk you can do:

myisamchk --silent --force --fast

The --fast will only check tables that has been modified since
myisamchk was run last time and tables that has not been properly
closed.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Quick isamchk question..Jules Bean26 Aug
  • Quick isamchk question..sinisa26 Aug
  • Re: Quick isamchk question..Jules Bean26 Aug
    • Re: Quick isamchk question..sinisa26 Aug
    • Re: Quick isamchk question..Michael Widenius29 Aug
  • Re: Quick isamchk question..Jules Bean26 Aug
  • Re: Quick isamchk question..Scott Hess26 Aug
    • Re: Quick isamchk question..Yan Zhang Chen26 Aug
      • Re: Quick isamchk question..Scott Hess26 Aug
        • Re: Quick isamchk question..Yan Zhang Chen26 Aug
          • Re: Quick isamchk question..Scott Hess26 Aug
            • Re: Quick isamchk question..Michael Widenius29 Aug
              • Re: Quick isamchk question..Yan Zhang Chen30 Aug
                • Re: Quick isamchk question..Michael Widenius30 Aug
  • Re: Quick isamchk question..Jules Bean26 Aug