List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 5 2002 1:40am
Subject:Re: MySql <- Access
View as plain text
At 2:07 +0100 8/5/02, Donna Robinson wrote:
>FilterFodder: sql, query
>
>Hi,
>the whole world out there is telling me how to connect to MySql from Access,
>but I need to know how to do it the _other_ way round.
>I have to update a MySql database every few months from an Access dbase, and I
>just want to query access and get the data i need.  How can I do this?  Do I
>really have to jump thru hoops and install MyODBC etc., etc?  I do NOT need
>to export data back to access, just schlurp it in from there.

No, you need to export it *from* Access to the MySQL server, which is
a server and not a client that can connect to Access.

>Donna

Thread
MySql <- AccessDonna Robinson5 Aug
  • Re: MySql <- AccessPaul DuBois5 Aug
    • Re: MySql <- AccessDonna Robinson5 Aug
      • Re: MySql <- AccessTod Harter6 Aug
  • Re: MySql <- Access[XG]Boomer5 Aug
  • Re: MySql <- AccessTerence5 Aug
  • Re: MySql <- Access[XG]Boomer5 Aug
  • Re: MySql <- AccessMauricio Sthandier R.13 Aug