List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Faucette Date:August 29 1999 12:53am
Subject:Re: Extended ASCII in INSERT statements.
View as plain text
Steven Fletcher wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 01:35:14 +0300 (EEST), you wrote:
>
> >same. If you don't want this, declare your column as 'BINARY' or
>
> Excellent, thanks for the prompt reply.
>
> Adding the binary attribute has certainly fixed the insert statement,
> but now has had the unfortunate side effect of removing the
> case-insensitivity of the chan column that I was relying on previously
> for easy searches.
>
> Is it at all possible to keep both functions?

There's an UPPER or LOWER function you could use.

SELECT * FROM table WHERE UPPER(col) = UPPER('some value');

  jim...
Thread
Extended ASCII in INSERT statements.(Steven Fletcher)28 Aug
  • Extended ASCII in INSERT statements.Michael Widenius29 Aug
    • Re: Extended ASCII in INSERT statements.(Steven Fletcher)29 Aug
      • Re: Extended ASCII in INSERT statements.Michael Widenius29 Aug
  • Re: Extended ASCII in INSERT statements.Jim Faucette29 Aug