List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 28 1999 11:57pm
Subject:Upgrade winNT from shareware to commercial version
View as plain text

sinisa> Olafur Jakobsson writes:
>> I am about to install the commercial version over the shareware
>> version.of mySQL on winNT. Any caveats I need to know? Does the new
>> version preserve/include the /data/ directory so there will be no
>> downtime or must I do some export/import routine?
>>
>> Regards
>> Olafur

sinisa> Hi!

sinisa> There are no major caveats and your data will be preserved.

sinisa> But, do carry the ammendments in mysql database, which means two more
sinisa> tables and two more fields in user table.

sinisa> These changes are documented, so you have only to abide by the rules !

Hi!

On windows, you should start by taking a copy of the tables in the
'mysql' database (default: C:\mysql\data\mysql).  These are the only
files that may be overwritten (they shouldn't)!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Upgrade winNT from shareware to commercial versionOlafur Jakobsson25 Aug
  • Upgrade winNT from shareware to commercial versionsinisa25 Aug
    • Upgrade winNT from shareware to commercial versionMichael Widenius29 Aug
  • Re: Upgrade winNT from shareware to commercial versionChristian Mack9 Sep
    • Re: Upgrade winNT from shareware to commercial versionMichael Widenius9 Sep