List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 2 2002 7:08pm
Subject:Re: What is the difference between thread and connection
View as plain text
At 14:53 -0400 8/2/02, Mihail Manolov wrote:
>Thanks Paul,
>
>I am confused with these two variables in the server status:
>
>Connections: 114577
>Threads_created: 12759
>
>Could you explain the difference between these two variables?

Threads get reused.  When you disconnect, the thread that the server
used to service your connection goes back in the pool.

>"Connections" should be the number of connection attemplts to the MySQL
>server. Does this counts slave connections? Cause they are usually permanent
>connections.
>
>"Threads_created" - Number of threads created to handle connections.
>
>Thank you very much!
>
>Mihail

Thread
What is the difference between thread and connectionMihail Manolov2 Aug
  • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionPaul DuBois2 Aug
  • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionMihail Manolov2 Aug
    • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
    • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionPaul DuBois2 Aug