List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:August 2 2002 7:02pm
Subject:RE: Querying for XML content in the database ?
View as plain text
> MySQL really wasn't designed for this sort of useage. Your selects are going
> to be brute force searches on unidexed data, which is exactly why they are so
> slow...
>
> I would advise you to look into using an XML or XML Enabled RDBMS. There are
> a lot of possible considerations here as to what you might want.

I would advise you to consider abandoning storing XML in a database entirely, as it
completely breaks the idea of database design -
namely, "don't store duplicate data".  You would probably be much better served by writing
code to wrap the actual data in the
database with XML - it's quite easy, and a lot less hassle than trying to store XML.

Thread
Querying for XML content in the database ?lars2 Aug
  • Re: Querying for XML content in the database ?Tod Harter2 Aug
  • Re: Querying for XML content in the database ?Dodger Jankowfsky5 Aug
RE: Querying for XML content in the database ?Ed Carp2 Aug
  • Re: Querying for XML content in the database ?Tod Harter5 Aug
Re: Querying for XML content in the database ?hooker5 Aug
RE: Querying for XML content in the database ?Ed Carp5 Aug