List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 2 2002 5:45pm
Subject:Re: What is the difference between thread and connection
View as plain text
At 13:29 -0400 8/2/02, Mihail Manolov wrote:
>Could someone explain to me what is the difference between thread and
>connection?

No difference.

>I guess one connection can have many threads? Am I right?

The server is multi-threaded.  It associates a thread with each
connection.  Connection ID and thread ID are synonymous.

>Thanks,
>
>Mihail Manolov
>
>sql,query

Thread
What is the difference between thread and connectionMihail Manolov2 Aug
  • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionPaul DuBois2 Aug
  • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionMihail Manolov2 Aug
    • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
    • Re: What is the difference between thread and connectionPaul DuBois2 Aug