List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ron Brogden Date:March 29 1999 8:57pm
Subject:flush-tables stomps on data?
View as plain text
Howdy.  Hopefully someone can shed some light on the what exactly happened
in the following scenario.

Recently one of my tables became corrupted and in the process of fixing it
my data was reset by about 10 days.  I am running Mysql version
3.22.20a-log and after executing the command \mysql\bin\mysqladmin
flush-tables a bunch of the databases had their state (and file times) set
back 10 days.  This was not across the board however, some survived OK.
The other wrinkle is that the database directories are symbolic links to
real directories on other partitions.  This seems to work fine though as
all tables get updated properly and it has only been the flush command that
has caused any problems.

Is this a documentation problem (i.e. it is supposed to do that)?  What is
"flush-tables" supposed to do?  Is there anyway to recover the last 10 days
of data?  The logs show no mention of any troubles and I am now very
nervous using the under documented mysqladmin in case I cause any further
data loss.

Cheers,

Ron

Island Net AMT Solutions Group Inc.          Telephone:          250 383-0096
1412 Quadra                                  Toll Free:        1 800 331-3055
Victoria, B.C.                               Fax:                250 383-6698
V8W 2L1                                      E-Mail:    support@stripped
Canada                                       WWW:   http://www.islandnet.com/
flush-tables stomps on data?Ron Brogden29 Mar
  • flush-tables stomps on data?Michael Widenius30 Mar