List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:August 1 2002 1:48pm
Subject:Re: A field named "change" can't be created
View as plain text
It is not a good idea to use reserved words for field names.
If you must, then use back ticks ( below the ~ on my keyboard) .

CREATE TABLE test (`change` char(1) default NULL )

Taras Plakhotnichenko wrote:

> A field named "change" can't be created. Any other name is OK.
>
> ========================
> CREATE TABLE test (
>  change char(1) default NULL
> )
> ========================
>
> SQL-query :
> CREATE TABLE test ( change char(1) default NULL )
>
> MySQL said:
>
> You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'change char(1) default NULL
> )' at line 1

Thread
A field named "change" can't be createdTaras Plakhotnichenko1 Aug
  • Re: A field namedVictoria Reznichenko1 Aug
  • Re: A field named "change" can't be createdGerald Clark1 Aug
  • Re: A field named "change" can't be created//mikezero/1 Aug