List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 28 1999 10:54am
Subject:Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?
View as plain text

Jules> Thomas Lund wrote:

>> Hi Jules
>>
>> We had a problem doing stuff like:
>>
>> lock table write
>> delete all
>> insert stuff
>> unlock table
>>
>> Running that with multiple clients simultanious on MySQL 3.22.19a on
>> RedHat 5.2 crashed the MySQL server for good.
>>
>> We have not had time to look at it yet, but a fix in 3.23.2 looks like
>> it could have fixed this. From the manual:
>>
>> * Fixed problem with LOCK TABLES combined with DELETE FROM table

Jules> I'm not actually using LOCK TABLES, I'm using GET_LOCK - I don't know if
Jules> the same problem applies.

No, it shouldn't.

Jules> Now, with a freshly isamchk'ed table, I ran my big insert-delete.  It
Jules> succeeded in inserting a few hundred thousand rows, but during the
Jules> delete it said:

Jules> DBD::mysql::db do failed: Incorrect key file for table: 'my_table'. Try
Jules> to repair it.

Jules> This can't be good.  I'm going to repair the table (sigh - takes a long
Jules> time) and remove the locking code for now.

Before repairing it, could you run:

isamchk table_name

on it to check what was wrong.

I would also like to look at:

isamchk -dvv table_name

Jules> The processlist now shows that all queries are blocked by a delete
Jules> query, which deletes only a single row, and has so far taken 12
Jules> minutes...  I assume this is a symptom of the corruption reported above.

Yes.

Jules> I'd better shutdown the database, and fix things.

There may be a problem with compressed character indexed (I am
currently investigating a repeatable problem with this).  I will
mail you if I find something wrong regarding this.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean24 Aug
  • Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?sinisa24 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean24 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Thomas Lund24 Aug
    • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Michael Widenius28 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean24 Aug
    • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Michael Widenius28 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean31 Aug