List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 28 1999 10:51am
Subject:Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Lund <tld@stripped> writes:

Thomas> Hi Jules

Thomas> We had a problem doing stuff like:

Thomas> lock table write
Thomas> delete all
Thomas> insert stuff
Thomas> unlock table

Thomas> Running that with multiple clients simultanious on MySQL 3.22.19a on
Thomas> RedHat 5.2 crashed the MySQL server for good.

This is a know problem when using:

LOCK TABLES
DELETE FROM TABLE;  #  No WHERE clause!

This is fixed in 3.22.26;  In the mean time add WHERE 1=1 to the DELETE
when used on a locked table.

Thomas> We have not had time to look at it yet, but a fix in 3.23.2 looks like
Thomas> it could have fixed this. From the manual:

Thomas> * Fixed problem with LOCK TABLES combined with DELETE FROM table

Thomas> So maybe a upgrade would do the job! I'll test this mysqlf next week,
Thomas> but please report back if this fixes it!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean24 Aug
  • Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?sinisa24 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean24 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Thomas Lund24 Aug
    • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Michael Widenius28 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean24 Aug
    • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Michael Widenius28 Aug
  • Re: Mysql crashes, possibly GET_LOCK() problem?Jules Bean31 Aug