List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 30 2002 3:56pm
As it may be for others,
I don't have access to a news feed, so it would be good-by for me.

Bart Burkhardt wrote:

>hello list,
>
>i think it would be better to have a mysql news server instead of this email
>list. i will name some reasons that i think of, correct me if i am wrong..
>
>- with a newsgroup you only select the messages that you want to read or
>where you can give an answer on.
>
>- with this email list my mailbox fills with too many single messages,
>replys are not threaded (no plus sign to expand thread)
>
>- when i go on vacation, and return, i would have a mailbox that is flooded
>causing that my other messages could not be delivered.
>
>- using a newsgroup server is less waste of cyberspace because it is
>centrally located
>
>- a mysql newsserver could seperate different subjects like; installation /
>advanced query / communication / bugreport / announcements / ideas /
>platform sections..
>
>-  there are probably more reasons to setup a newsserver
>
>So my question, why this mailing list, why not a newsserver?
>
>Bart

Thread
a newserver would be better than this mailing listBart Burkhardt30 Jul
  • Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listDicky Wahyu Purnomo30 Jul
  • Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listBrian Reichert30 Jul
RE: a newserver would be better than this mailing listSimon Green30 Jul
  • RE: a newserver would be better than this mailing listTim Ward30 Jul
Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listtoby -30 Jul
Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listtoby -30 Jul
Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listGerald Clark30 Jul
Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listBart Burkhardt30 Jul
  • Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listB. van Ouwerkerk30 Jul
Re: a newserver would be better than this mailing listColin Faber30 Jul
  • RE: a newserver would be better than this mailing listRichard Forgo30 Jul