List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 29 1999 8:10pm
Subject:Too much connection but...
View as plain text
>>>>> "BAUMEISTER" == BAUMEISTER Alexandre <alex@stripped>
> writes:

BAUMEISTER> Bonjour,
BAUMEISTER>   Mysql,  just  a  few  minutes  ago,  returned  the  error  'Too many
BAUMEISTER>   connections'  on my web pages. Then I logged as root on my DB server
BAUMEISTER>   and I tried to ceck the things with mysqladmin.

BAUMEISTER>   But even if I was root, I was not able to log to Mysql server : 'Too
BAUMEISTER>   many connections'.

In this case the problem is that your normal users have the
'process_priv' privilege set;  If you remove this, you should always
be able to login as a user that has the the 'process_priv' privilege.

BAUMEISTER>   The  only  way I had to recover the server, was to reboot it. Then I
BAUMEISTER>   did a mysqladmin extended-status. It returned me :

BAUMEISTER>   | Max_used_connections     | 134      |

BAUMEISTER>   But my Mysql server is configured to have Max_connections to 256 and
BAUMEISTER>   I took care to set file descriptors numbers to 1024.

The above is only the maximum used number of connections, not the
maximum allowed number of connection.

BAUMEISTER>   There is no message un the error log about what happened. But what I
BAUMEISTER>   found in the error log is:

BAUMEISTER> mysqld started on  Sun Mar 7 00:27:33 MET 1999
BAUMEISTER> /usr/local/mysql-3.22.16a/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
BAUMEISTER> mysqld started on  Sun Mar 7 03:13:55 MET 1999
BAUMEISTER> /usr/local/mysql-3.22.16a/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
BAUMEISTER> mysqld started on  Sat Mar 13 14:11:04 MET 1999
BAUMEISTER> /usr/local/mysql-3.22.16a/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
BAUMEISTER> mysqld started on  Sat Mar 27 03:44:34 MET 1999
BAUMEISTER> /usr/local/mysql-3.22.16a/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
BAUMEISTER> mysqld started on  Sat Mar 27 04:07:33 MET 1999
BAUMEISTER> /usr/local/mysql-3.22.16a/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

BAUMEISTER>   It  seems  that  mysqld crashes often because those 'mysqld started'
BAUMEISTER>   are not due to an action of mine.

BAUMEISTER>   I have Mysql-3.22.16a. Any idea ?

Yes;  Read the manual entry 'What to do if MySQL keeps crashing'.

I don't think upgrading will help;  You have to find the query/table that
crashes MySQL .

BAUMEISTER>   Yours,
BAUMEISTER>   Alex.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Too much connection but...BAUMEISTER Alexandre29 Mar
  • Too much connection but...Michael Widenius29 Mar