List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 28 1999 9:22am
Subject:sever has gone away error
View as plain text
>>>>> "toxalot" == toxalot  <toxalot@stripped> writes:

toxalot> I'm getting this error
toxalot> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
toxalot> /opt2/contactc/httpd/cgi-bin/database/db_query.cgi line 981.

toxalot> I've looked up this error in the manual and it gives 3 reasons

toxalot> 1) timeout after 8 hours (which makes no sense in this case, since I just
toxalot> ran a query in the same run of the perl script)

toxalot> 2) Query that is too large (I'm not sure what large means, but i don't
toxalot> think it would apply here)

toxalot> 3) Incorrect query which seems like the answer, but I can't figure out why
toxalot> it is incorrect

toxalot> I can't remember making any changes to the perl script recently and I did
toxalot> have it working.  Now the client is getting this error

toxalot> Here is the select statement that is getting executed in line 981

toxalot> $sql="SELECT MIN(sales),MAX(sales),AVG(sales),SUM(sales) FROM main WHERE
toxalot> pro_id IN  ($FORM{'all_companies'}) AND sales != 0";

toxalot> I don't know what an "incorrect" query means.

An 'incorrect' query is something that kills mysqld :)

If you can make a small reproduceable example that gives you the
error message we can probably come up with a workaround for this problem.

Please post this with the mysqlbug script so that we can check with
MySQL version you are using!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
sever has gone away errortoxalot24 Aug
  • sever has gone away errorsinisa24 Aug
    • Re: sever has gone away errortoxalot24 Aug
      • Re: sever has gone away errorsinisa25 Aug
        • Re: sever has gone away errorMichael Widenius28 Aug
  • sever has gone away errorMichael Widenius28 Aug