List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 28 1999 9:44am
Subject:Process List
View as plain text
>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Moon <brian@stripped> writes:

Brian> Last night our mysql server ate up all the CPU on our machine.  A
Brian> processlist revealed about 90 processes with a status of 'statistics'.  What
Brian> does that status mean?  I assume it means that mysqladmin status or
Brian> mysqladmin extended-status is being run.  That could be.  Is that what it
Brian> means, and why did it hoe mysql.  I gave it 30 minutes to work it out and
Brian> then had to kill the process.

Hi!

'statistics' means that MySQL is in the join optimizer;  This may take
a long time if you have MANY tables in a query and no proper indexes.

Please repost with mysqlbug script + a full example of your problem,

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us that we can
afford to keep this service up.   http://www.tcx.se/
Thread
Process ListBrian Moon27 Aug
  • Re: Process ListPaul DuBois28 Aug