List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 29 1999 8:06pm
Subject:OO DBs
View as plain text
>>>>> "Christoph" == Christoph Kukulies
> <kuku@stripped> writes:

Christoph> Are there any efforts of making mySql Object Oriented? Or adding
Christoph> OO extensions to it?

Christoph> I'm asking since I have possibly an appliaction where I need
Christoph> an OO DB in the background in a 3D CAD/CAM geometry and
Christoph> product model environment.

Hi!

We have used the MySQL bottom layer: ISAM to emulate a object
oriented database a long time ago;  The problem is to do this nicely
at the SQL level...

With a global unique object id and BLOB:s you can do this at the
application level, but this isn't that easy to do.

For the moment we don't have any plans to implement OO into the MySQL
(but anything can happen as the TODO get shorter...)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
OO DBsChristoph Kukulies29 Mar