List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 27 2002 12:37am
Subject:Re: Odd Question on automatic start of Mysql upon boot
View as plain text
At 10:24 -0700 7/26/02, David Kramer wrote:
>I automated the MYSQL start up process using the setup command.

"the setup command"?

>   Everything
>works fine except that I noticed safe_mysql is the daemon running, shouldnt
>this be mysqld or mysql.server?

I suppose it depends on what "the setup command" does... If it installs
mysql.server, what you observe wouldn't be unusual, because mysql.server
starts safe_mysqld, which starts mysqld.

>   Im completely lost here, and I feel running
>Safe_mysql is a major security issue?

Why?  What problems do you think this causes?

>    Anyone's thoughts on this?
>
>Thx,
>
>DK
>
>David Kramer
>Software Developer
>Reflect.com
>Direct: 415.369.4856
>Cell: 650.302.7889

Thread
Odd Question on automatic start of Mysql upon bootDavid Kramer26 Jul
  • Re: Odd Question on automatic start of Mysql upon bootPaul DuBois27 Jul
RE: Odd Question on automatic start of Mysql upon bootDavid Kramer29 Jul