List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 26 2002 5:07pm
Subject:Re: Problem: MySQL Client & Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar: Build 6C106)
View as plain text
At 13:24 +0100 7/26/02, Ian Fieldhouse wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is anybody else having a problem using the MySQL client with Mac OS X 10.2
>(Jaguar: Build 6C106)? When I try to connect to the server on 'localhost' I
>get the following:
>
>dyld: ./bin/mysql Undefined symbols:
>./bin/mysql undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
>/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>./bin/mysql undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
>/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>./bin/mysql undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
>/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>Trace/BPT trap
>
>If I then try to connect to the same server from another machine I get the
>following:
>
>ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on <server ip address> (61)
>
>A socket problem of some sort???
>
>The strange thing is I can connect using 'phpMyAdmin' without a problem from
>both machines.
>
>Just for the record I'm using binary of MySQL 3.23.51 obtained from
><http://www.entropy.ch>.

Binary builds often break when tried with a newer version of Mac OS X
than the one they were built on.  Can you try building from source?

>Any ideas?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Ian

Thread
Problem: MySQL Client & Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar: Build 6C106)Ian Fieldhouse26 Jul
  • Re: Problem: MySQL Client & Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar: Build 6C106)Paul DuBois26 Jul
Re: Problem: MySQL Client & Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar: Build 6C106)Ian Fieldhouse29 Jul