List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Koob Date:August 28 1999 1:26am
Subject:Re: Large files on 32 bit CPU Linux
View as plain text
James Manning wrote:

At 05:05 PM 8/27/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Just in case someone is thinking of trying this...
>
>I used LFS v0.15 against 2.2.9 with the s/w raid patches
>from kernel.org daemons/raid/alpha/ and the two had some
>weird conflicts.  While the files appeared to get written
>out and take up the necessary space, both ls -l and
>stat64() didn't show the > 4GB files (19GB in one case)
>as their true size.  It didn't much matter, everything worked,
>but some reports would be incorrect (both "du" and "df"
>appeared to see the real size fine, though)
>
>James
>--
Question:  I know nothing of such stuff - but it looks to me
          as if this creates new /dev/ hooks for mounting drives?

          Looking at the code you refer to as LFS v0.15 it appears
          there is alot of code referring to NTFS.

          Will this code work with NTFS disks in rw mode?

          How do you fdisk and format the large drives mentioned above?

          I am looking for someway that I can mount an NTFS scsi drive on a
          linux intel pentium box.

  Thanks,
  bill koob
  wkoob@stripped
Thread
Large files on 32 bit CPU Linuxsinisa27 Aug
  • Re: Large files on 32 bit CPU LinuxJames Manning27 Aug
    • Re: Large files on 32 bit CPU LinuxOrlando Andico28 Aug
      • Re: Large files on 32 bit CPU Linuxsinisa28 Aug
Re: Large files on 32 bit CPU LinuxBill Koob28 Aug
  • Re: Large files on 32 bit CPU LinuxOrlando Andico28 Aug