List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:miguel solorzano Date:July 26 2002 6:03am
Subject:Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?
View as plain text
At 19:07 25/7/2002 -0700, Bhavin Vyas wrote:
Hi,

> From what little I know of MySql on Windows, it runs as a service and you
>can't run multiple services on the same Win Server.

<cut>

 From 4.0.2 release you are able to run several services. For example:

For to run two services: the first one using mysqld-nt.exe and the
second one using the mysqld-max-nt.exe.

Installing mysqld-nt.exe

command at the prompt:
mysqld-nt --install

or

mysqld-nt --install-manual

Installing mysqld-max-nt.exe

command at the prompt:

mysqld-max-nt --install mysqldopt

or

mysqld-max-nt --install-manual mysqldopt

Now you have the default service called mysql for to run mysqld-nt.exe
and the service mysqldopt for to run mysqld-max-nt.exe.

Now you edit the /winnt/my.ini file:

[mysqld] #for to set the server mysqld-nt.exe
port=3306
basedir=c:/mysql
datadir=c:/mysql/data

[mysqldopt] #for to set the server mysqld-max-nt.exe the same name of
              #the service
port=3307
basedir=c:/mysql
datadir=d:/mysqldopt/data
skip-innodb
skip-bdb

Notes:

1- You can use the same basedir but not the same executable.
2- You must to have a different datadir (the whole directory) for
    each server. You can't to mix the mysql database and the working
    databases.
3- You need to have a different port.

In this way for example you can use one server as master and the other
as slave on the same machine; of course both handling the same type of
tables. In the example above only MyISAM tables.

For technical support contracts, visit https//order.mysql.com
    __  ___     ___ ____  __
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Miguel Angel Solórzano <miguel@stripped>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Fulltime Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   São Paulo - Brazil
        <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois25 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
    • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano26 Jul
      • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois4 Aug
        • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano4 Aug
          • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Paul DuBois6 Aug
            • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?miguel solorzano7 Aug
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?mysql@scibit.com26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Bhavin Vyas26 Jul
  • Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Michael Tam26 Jul
  • RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Xavier PrĂ©lat26 Jul
Re: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Heikki Tuuri26 Jul
RE: Do you run multiple servers on WIndows?Luc Foisy26 Jul