List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manisha Date:July 26 2002 2:04am
Subject:Re: Facing some problem in installation
View as plain text
Hi,

I am not a root. Our server is at ISP and I am trying to install mysql on
our shared server. They have provided one user id and password with which I
can access it. I also do not know whether mysql previously exists or not as
mysql.sock is existing. (how to find that ?)

I checked the mysql.sock file permissions it is as follows:
srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql wheel .....mysql.sock

and as it is a special file, I am unable to delete it.
shell> rm mysql.sock command gives - permission denied

Actually I tried to vi mysql.sock - but ended with something else only

now how to proceed ? What shall I check ?

Thanks and regards
Manisha