List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:March 29 1999 7:05pm
Subject:Re: Importing data...
View as plain text
>I'm having trouble importing data to the mysql databases...I've read the
>docs and such, but still cant get it right...  First of all, how should the
>text file be set up? and what should the correct syntax be for mysqlimport?
>
>Thanks :)
>

>=-=-=-=
>Dayv Gastonguay

I use "load data infile".  See the manual, Section 7.15.  You can do it
from the command line or in a shell script (batch file).  I generate tab
deliniated files from my FileMaker Pro databases so I can use them on a WEB
server with MySQL.

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Importing data...Dayv Gastonguay29 Mar
Re: Importing data...Christopher R. Jones29 Mar