List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 25 2002 9:50pm
Subject:Re: Starting on Windows 2000 Server
View as plain text
>Hi,
>
>I just downloaded the binaries. I have followed the installation
>instructions. Have run the command "mysqld-max-nt --install-manual " and
>checked the service panel and MySql is installed as a service. However when
>I either try to start the service in the service panel or issue the command
>"net start mysql" I get the following error message
>" Could not start the MySQL service in local computer. Error 3 The System
>cannot find the path specified. "
>
>Per the documentation my.ini file is in the WINNT directory and reads:
>[mysqld]
># set basedir to installation path, e.g., c:/mysql
>basedir=the_install_path
># set datadir to location of data directory,
># e.g., c:/mysql/data or d:/mydata/data
>datadir=the_data_path

Change the values to the actual locations of your MySQL installation
directory and data directory.

>Thanks for any help.
>
>Andrew Wheeler
>Phone 415-627-2054
>email  awheeler@stripped

Thread
Starting on Windows 2000 ServerAndrew Wheeler25 Jul
  • Re: Starting on Windows 2000 Servermiguel solorzano25 Jul
  • Re: Starting on Windows 2000 ServerBhavin Vyas26 Jul
Re: Starting on Windows 2000 ServerPaul DuBois25 Jul