List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 25 2002 7:04pm
Subject:Re: question about varchars
View as plain text
Your application uses the field size and type to validate the data
BEFORE sending it to MySQL.

Norris, Joseph wrote:

>Hello,
>

>What you say below is of great interest to me.  Currently I have been
>writing front end code to handle the size
>issue but I would like to be open to other possibilities. So my question
>about your answer below is:
>
>Just how does the developer obtain the error condition from Mysql when an
>insert
>or update sends data that is too long to a field with a restricted size?
>
>Thanks

Thread
question about varcharsDesmond Lee25 Jul
  • Re: question about varcharsRalf Narozny25 Jul
  • Re: question about varcharsHarald Fuchs25 Jul
  • Re: question about varcharsVictoria Reznichenko25 Jul
RE: question about varcharsJoseph Norris25 Jul
  • Re: question about varcharsGerald Clark25 Jul
Re: question about varcharstoby -28 Jul
Re: question about varcharsxuefer tinys28 Jul