List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 25 2002 5:24pm
Subject:Re: how to update time field with current time?
View as plain text

William R. Mussatto wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Dermot Paikkos wrote:
>
>>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:46:00 +0100
>>From: Dermot Paikkos <dermot@stripped>
>>To: mysql@stripped
>>Subject: how to update time field with current time?
>>
>>Hi
>>Probably a silly question but how can I set a time field to the current
>>time with update in mysql?
>>
>>I have 4 time fields per record. Should I have used set them up as
>>timestamp?
>>

>the function NOW().  Note you can have only one "TimeStamp" field in a
>table (i.e., one which will be automatically updated).  The other ones
>should be datetime fields to avoid confusion.

You can have more than one timestamp.
They are all updated on an insert, but
only the first will be updated with an update

>>Thanx.
>>Dp.
>>
>>~~
>>Dermot Paikkos * dermot@stripped
>>Network Administrator @ Science Photo Library
>>Phone: 0207 432 1100 * Fax: 0207 286 8668

>Sincerely,
>
>William Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
>CyberStrategies, Inc
>ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27

how to update time field with current time?Dermot Paikkos24 Jul
  • Re: how to update time field with current time?hcir24 Jul
  • Re: how to update time field with current time?William R. Mussatto24 Jul
    • Re: how to update time field with current time?Gerald Clark25 Jul
RE: how to update time field with current time?Luc Foisy24 Jul