List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 22 2002 6:40pm
Subject:Re: mysql FULLTEXT Searches
View as plain text
At 10:35 -0400 7/22/02, Patrick Sherrill wrote:
>Are partial word searches available with a FULLTEXT index.
>
>I.E. could the following select statement return any results given that the
>word "Pippins" or "Pippin's" is indexed ?
>

>SELECT * from list WHERE MATCH (cols) AGAINST ('pipp')

Not as written.  Use an IN BOOLEAN MODE search (need 4.0.1 for that)

SELECT * FROM list WHERE MATCH(cols) AGAINST('pipp*' IN BOOLEAN MODE);

Note the * after "pipp".

>TIA,
>
>Pat...
>patrick@stripped
>
>MySql

Thread
mysql FULLTEXT SearchesPatrick Sherrill22 Jul
  • Re: mysql FULLTEXT SearchesGurhan Ozen22 Jul
  • Re: mysql FULLTEXT SearchesPaul DuBois22 Jul
  • Re: mysql FULLTEXT SearchesPatrick Sherrill22 Jul