List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 27 1999 6:25pm
Subject:Re: moving database
View as plain text
At 07:04, 19990827, cshepard wrote:
>My problem/question is that the auto_inc keys may be missing
>some numbers due to deletions along the way, so I assume I
>cannot use SELECT INTO and LOAD DATA or I'll end up with
>new perfectly sequential auto_inc numbers.  Or is there
>some way to override the auto increment feature during
>LOAD DATA?  Didn't see anything in the manual about it.

In the manual section on "Things that must be done in the real
near future" you'll find this:

   * Add an `IMAGE' option to `LOAD DATA INFILE' to not update
     `TIMESTAMP' and `AUTO_INCREMENT' fields.

So maybe you could check with developer@stripped and see how
hard that is, and you could code it up for them.  It doesn't
sound too difficult....

>Hmmmmm. Last minute thought:  Could I in fact, just
>cp the suckers and then ALTER TABLE ... type=MYISAM?
>That'd be kewl.

That should work.  You'll keep the old copies around as backup,
right?  :-|

Tim
Thread
moving databasecshepard27 Aug
  • Re: moving databaseThimble Smith27 Aug
    • Re: moving databasecshepard27 Aug
      • Re: moving databaseThimble Smith27 Aug
      • Re: moving databaseMichael Widenius29 Aug